The Welcome Mat

To explore you must travel & to explore yourself you only need to travel within yourself....

I write as a friend once said - she shoots from the hip (: I don't think we need to follow any rules when we pick up a pen to vent or just opinionate...so read on and as always share away (:

Friday, April 19, 2013

...of random insights!


...as clichéd as it may sound but the look on my aunt's face who also happens to be my doc - did no wonders for my already failing confidence in the line 'it's nothing to worry about...'

...at 33 - a few days shy of 34, I had been through an emotional roller coaster ride. The g's my emotions put me through and the gut wrenching twists I had experienced had put me in a permanent state of 'nothing is for life...' mantra. But having said that - I am human and I too tend to take things for granted which I did and then "The Highest Being" woke me up and said "rrrreeeaaaalllly??!!" Being human; my immediate response should have been and was 'CRAP!! I forgot...again - can we please ignore this and start again...' 

...but we can't can we (: and that's exactly why we have reminders - to remind us how close we came to ruining it for ourselves and to stop burning ourselves. So you ask - why the self-reflection iyeeji - and I say because if I don't; I fear I will start living in the '..we have time' phase again... Time - which if you really want to boil it down to - I don't have - neither do you - none of us do... 

...so at the cost of NOT sounding like the moral/religious/spiritual/bari appaa/ brigade - let us all get off our bloody high horses and understand that we need to make every second count... How you make it count is your prerogative sweetheart - but either way make it count such that you NEVER have to turn around and regret it (:

No comments: